Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Citizen Kane Collection is here!

Finally! I have posted the first of my new collection: The Citizen Kane Collection. Named for the classic and highly-influential movie that was ahead of its time in using unconventional film-making techniques, this collection features my version of what an artist can do with a playful eye. The necklaces in this collection are what the fashion world refer to as "bib necklaces" - a name I can only assume stems from its baby-sized counterpart. In this collection I am making hand-sewn flowers from re-purposed (and pre-washed!) shirts - adding a touch of eco-friendliness to their already fantastic appeal! I have a true love/hate relationship with these necklaces - I LOVE what they look like when they are done, but the labor involved in putting these things together is quite intense. I hope with time I will get faster at making these necklaces so I can post even more...

1 comment:

  1. Linsy these necklaces are freaking adorable! You are so creative! All the jewelry just looks wonderful and so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete